- Wind Sensor
- Radiation Sensor
- Ambient Sensor
- Rain Gauge
- Soil Sensor
- Data Logger
- Weather Station
- Water Sensor
- Radiation Shield
No peculiar smell u003d no excess? The formaldehyde sensor tells you the 8 truths behind formaldehyde
In the past few days, a video about '6-year-old children suffering from leukemia due to sleeping on mats with excessive formaldehyde' has continued to ferment on the short video app. This incident has touched the hearts of many people and also made many parents Can't sleep at night.
In recent years, there have been many such cases caused by formaldehyde, and the result is undoubtedly paying for this formaldehyde pollution. 'Talking about aldehyde discoloration'
As early as 2004 In June 2008, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) of the World Health Organization elevated formaldehyde to the first category of carcinogens, and pointed out in the 'Indoor Air Quality Guidelines' report published by IARC2010 that the safety standard for formaldehyde content in indoor air is 0.1mg /m, excessive amounts will damage the human lung function, and may suffer from nasopharyngeal cancer.
So about formaldehyde, what are the truths you don't know.
1. Smell the smell and can’t judge whether the formaldehyde in the home exceeds the standard.
If formaldehyde is colorless and tasteless and slightly exceeds the standard, there may be no feeling at all. The odor threshold of formaldehyde, that is, the minimum concentration that people can smell is 0.05 to 0.5 mg/m, but in general, the minimum concentration that most people can smell is 0.2 to 0.4 mg/m.
To put it simply: The concentration of formaldehyde may have exceeded the standard at home, but we can't smell it. In another case, the pungent odor may not necessarily be formaldehyde, but may be other gases.
It is obviously unreasonable to judge that the indoor formaldehyde exceeds the standard simply by smelling the smell.
2. After half a year of ventilation, you can live in peace of mind
Ventilation can effectively reduce the concentration of other volatile indoor decoration pollutants such as benzene and xylene, but formaldehyde depends on simple Ventilation may take a long time. The volatilization cycle of formaldehyde is the longest, as long as 3-15 years. After half a year of ventilation, whether the concentration of formaldehyde has been within the normal range, it needs to rely on professional air testing to judge. Moreover, even after moving in, it is necessary to maintain normal daily ventilation.
3. Put a few more pots of green plants, are you afraid that you will not be able to absorb formaldehyde?
I can't finish it! Almost everyone living in a new house will buy a few pots of green plants to absorb formaldehyde in the new house, but the effect is limited. Plants can absorb formaldehyde to a certain extent, but the amount it adsorbs is very small. If you rely on plants to remove aldehydes, it is estimated that the home will be a 'tropical rain forest'!
4. Formaldehyde-free and environmentally friendly furniture, definitely no formaldehyde
Almost all furniture includes boards, adhesives and other components, which may release formaldehyde, and some woods themselves will also contain formaldehyde. It is almost impossible to find furniture that is completely formaldehyde-free. So don't believe the 'formaldehyde-free furniture' statement.
5. Formaldehyde is soluble in water. Keep a few more pots of water at home.
Formaldehyde is indeed soluble in water, but only formaldehyde molecules can react with water. However, the volume of our water is limited, so the amount of formaldehyde absorbed is very small, and the formaldehyde will actually volatilize after being dissolved in water.
6. Where does the furniture formaldehyde come from?
The source of formaldehyde in furniture mainly comes from paint and glue.
Furniture boards are bonded by glue, so the quality and amount of glue will affect the indoor formaldehyde content. Of course, the quality of the edge banding of the furniture is also very important. When the paint is applied to the surface of the furniture, it takes time to volatilize!
So it is very important to choose a reliable brand to buy furniture! ! ! !
7. Just pay attention to formaldehyde in the home environment.
In fact, indoor air, not only formaldehyde, but also substances such as benzene, TVOC and radon, that may cause harm to the body, so ventilation after decoration After a period of time, please move in after professional testing! !
8. I heard that fumigating vinegar can remove formaldehyde?
Some consumers try to fumigate vinegar to remove the peculiar smell in home decoration.
Experts pointed out that vinegar is an acidic substance that weakly neutralizes ammonia in the air, but it does not react with other harmful components such as formaldehyde. Therefore, this method is not advisable to remove formaldehyde.
Although decoration pollution is terrible, as long as you use the right methods, prevention + governance, a healthy home environment can still be achieved!
1. Pay attention to the selection of decoration materials before decoration. If conditions permit, try to buy decoration materials of higher quality and free of formaldehyde.
2. If the decoration has been completed, the identified pollutants (building materials, furniture, etc.) can be replaced.
3. Check before moving. Before moving in, you must go through a test before moving in. At this time, the decoration of a new house is an important insurance to avoid the hazard of formaldehyde. It is recommended to ask a professional testing agency like Dr. Mei Environmental Protection to test the indoor formaldehyde concentration. If it is too high, for the health of yourself and your family, it is recommended not to stay in, and formaldehyde treatment first.
There are roughly three common formaldehyde detection methods on the market:
1. Formaldehyde test paper/formaldehyde self-test box detection, compare the test paper results with the colorimetric card to determine whether the formaldehyde exceeds the standard .
2. Formaldehyde spectrometer, which uses phenol reagent spectrophotometry to collect a fixed amount of air, the formaldehyde in the air reacts with the phenol reagent, and the color is developed by the color reagent. The specific value is determined by the spectrophotometer. Determination method.
3. The handheld electrochemical formaldehyde tester detects the formaldehyde content in the air through the built-in electrochemical formaldehyde sensor and outputs specific values.
In the home environment, the formaldehyde tester is the most convenient way of detection, but this detection method largely depends on the key element-formaldehyde sensor.
[Copyright Statement] Part of the content of this article originates from the Internet, and the copyright belongs to the original author. It is for learning and reference only and is forbidden for commercial use. If you have any objections, please contact to delete it.
Hunan Rika Electronic Tech Co.,Ltd promises that we will manufature our products in accordance with the strictest quality standards.
Looking for someone to handle your sensor solution OEM sensor needs? Check out Rika Sensors today for more information.
Hunan Rika Electronic Tech Co.,Ltd provides innovative technology and prompts our customers to know the development of our producing sensor solution.
Hunan Rika Electronic Tech Co.,Ltd 's main technology of sensor solution leads us to understand and utilize information correctly.