The collection of meteorological data is usually valued by people, so some high-precision measurement tools are used. Of course, the collection of wind speed is also the same. Most of the current wind speed collection work is actually done by ultrasonic wind speed sensors. So is the ultrasonic wind speed sensor really that good?
Ultrasonic wind speed sensor has obvious advantages:
Compared with similar equipment, the ultrasonic sensors used in the meteorological field can measure more accurate wind speed change information under different weather conditions, and the response time of the ultrasonic sensors is also higher than that of similar equipment in the same time. It is assumed that when it is necessary to measure the change of the surrounding temperature but there is no temperature measuring device, the ultrasonic wind speed sensor can also measure the change of the surrounding temperature at this time. This is the advantage of the ultrasonic wind speed sensor.
Working principle of Ultrasonic wind speed sensor:
Ultrasonic wind speed sensor uses the ultrasonic time difference method to achieve wind speed measurement. The speed of sound in the air will be superimposed on the speed of the wind in the air. If the ultrasonic wave travels in the same direction as the wind, its speed will increase; conversely, if the ultrasonic wave travels in the opposite direction to the wind, its speed will become slower. Therefore, under a fixed detection condition, the speed of ultrasonic wave propagation in the air can correspond to the wind speed function. You can get accurate wind speed and direction through calculation. As the sound wave travels through the air, its speed is greatly affected by temperature; the anemometer detects two opposite directions on two channels, so the effect of temperature on the sound wave speed can be ignored.
Ultrasonic wind speed sensor has the characteristics of light weight, no moving parts, sturdy and durable, and does not need maintenance and on-site calibration, and can output wind speed and direction at the same time. Customers can choose the wind speed unit, output frequency and output format according to their needs. You can also choose a heating device (recommended for use in cold environments) or analog output according to your needs. It can be used with computer, data collector or other acquisition equipment with RS485 or analog output.
Ultrasonic wind speed and direction instrument is a relatively advanced instrument for measuring wind speed and direction. Because it overcomes the inherent shortcomings of the mechanical wind speed and direction indicator, it can work normally all day and for a long time, and is more and more widely used. It will be a powerful alternative to mechanical anemometers.
Ultrasonic wind speed sensor features:
1.Using acoustic phase compensation technology, higher accuracy;
2. Adopting random error recognition technology, the measurement can also ensure low discrete errors in the wind, making the output more stable;
3. Measurement compensation technology for drizzle and dense fog weather has stronger environmental adaptability;
4. Digital filtering technology, stronger ability to resist electromagnetic interference;
5. No start wind speed limit, zero wind speed work, suitable for indoor breeze measurement, no angle limit (360 ° all-round), and obtain wind speed and wind direction data;
6.High measurement accuracy; stable performance; low power consumption without calibration;
7. The structure is sturdy and the instrument is highly resistant to corrosion, so there is no need to worry about damage during installation and use;
8, Flexible design, lightweight, portable, easy to install and disassemble;
9. Convenient signal access, providing both digital and analog signals;
10. No maintenance and on-site calibration, true 0 ～ 360 ° work (no dead angle)